Some things I wish I knew before I started a guest house, but they wouldn't have stopped me anyway.
I had forgotten how much I like to write so it is good to be back.
So here goes.
Trying to decide which post to
write, out of all the ones I have swirling around in my head,
trying to decide which tomatoes seeds to buy from the heirloom seed
catalogue: Near Impossible.
So here are my 8 things I wish
I knew 3 years ago, in point form for now, but soon to be
blog posts on
their own, so you know what to look forward to for the next few weeks!
1. Getting a guest house up and running from a badly maintained house
is hard work.
REALLY hard work.
2. Building always costs twice as much as
you thought it would and it takes twice as long.
3. Many guests have no idea what the differences between a hotel and
a guest house are.
4. No, you cannot have your friend stay over
if you only paid for a single. Yes, I did notice,
and yes, you really do
have to pay extra. No, it does not mean that because you paid for
single you can bring a friend to share your room for free. You have to pay
for the extra
5. Gardening teaches you patience.
6. Not all the 'how to's' on Pinterest work.
In fact, most of them don't. Watch this space for
some epic Pinterest
7. The internet is full of
misinformation, for example, egg shells do not keep slugs out of
8. No, I do not get bored going to the game
park 3 times a week. It is different every time
Watch this space! Even better, subscribe using the link
above so you never miss a post!